[YES] Avanto Folf Partial by MoreFurLess
General InformationGives some information about the item and the person writing the review.
Filed under Canidae
Filed under $1000 - $2999.
HeadGives information about the head of the costume. If reviewing a set of ears, the answers would also go in this section.
– The head fits well, though there is some wiggle room, so the head bobbles slightly with fast, jerky movements. The lining is super comfy!
– The ventilation is pretty good! It does get stuffy after 20 or so minutes, but a short break will fix it.
– Vision is way better than I expected. The pupils of the 3D eyes are big enough to give me a degree of peripheral vision. There is a slight blind spot in the middle, though that’s to be expected!
– Symmetry and shaving are great! I have no complaints!
– The expression is changeable via magnets in the eyebrows! It’s a super cool feature. MFL’s website states that their heads feature a “semi-moving jaw,” though I haven’t seen any legitimacy in this, as the bottom jaw doesn’t move with my mouth (even with exaggerated mouth movements)
– On my quote, I marked removable eyelids as an option. Though, when they were building the head, they forgot to install those magnets so the eyelids never happened. Fortunately, MFL gave me a refund for the eyelids!
– The head matches pretty well with the concept art, though I think some markings (like the cyan stripes and the green muzzle stripe) could have been better represented. That being said, it still looks fantastic!
– The eyebrows function extremely well to change the expression! I can even change them while in suit wearing the hand paws
– MFL happily accepted my request to make a bow tie for Avy and it looks great! It’s attached by a large safety pin to the neck fur of the head. Unfortunately, a lot of the time, the wide, low muzzle tends to hide the bowtie so it remains 90% out of sight.
BodyGives information about the main body of the costume. If reviewing a separate set of pants/legs or torso, the answers would also go in this section.
I opted to get arm and leg sleeves with the suit;
– The arm sleeves fit great and do not suffer from slipping at all. The leg sleeves however, can’t be worn for more than 5 minutes of motion-filled activity without sliding down. I wish MFL had built them around a pair of shorts sewn on the inside to prevent this. Instead, they are separated per leg and use a drawstring for tightening. I told MFL about the issues and they offered to take the leg sleeves back and sew on a pair of shorts that I’d use for suiting. But I just decided on waiting to get a bodysuit for Avy instead.
– Besides the leg problem, the sleeves are built very well! The interior isn’t lined but it’s not uncomfortable by any means and I could wear the sleeves for hours
– The sleeves look great! No issues with symmetry!
– If I had one complaint, it would be the really short fur length on the white part of the sleeves, I think a longer option would’ve looked better and less wrinkly, but that’s really nit-picky xD
– All the colors look A-okay!
Hands and FeetGives information about the hands and/or feet of the costume.
– The hands are quite large, but fit quite nicely! If I’m making exaggerated movements, they tend to slip a little, but they don’t come off unless I’m flapping my hands around crazily xD They are easy to put on!
-Quality is very nice! The paw pads are made out of a minky fabric that’s super soft!
– The interior isn’t lined, but you can take out the paw digit stuffing in case you wash the hands, which I though was a cool feature.
– Like the hands, the feet are very big. I think I put one size too large for the shoes on my email with MFL, because the feet slip around a good amount when I’m moving quickly. That being said, they’re east to put on and ankles don’t show! Moving with the giant feet can be slightly cumbersome, but not difficult.
– They are an outdoor style with a very nice and robust material used on the bottom.
– The interior is a slipper-like shoe with foam built around it.
– Everything looks great for both hands and feet! I LOVE how toony they look, despite the very slight difficulties that come with the large size of them. Other than that, they’re perfect!
TailsGives information about any tails the costume may have.
They tail is absolutely perfect! It’s super fluffy at the tip, which actually looks really cool when the tail is bouncing around! It’s also easy to put on with the typical belt loops employed. The polyfil inside feels very strong and the tail holds it shape great!
The tail looks fantastic! Colors match perfectly!
OverallHow satisfied the reviewer is with the overall buying experience, including their interactions with the maker and the resulting final product.
Super easy, actually! It was a rather spur-of-the-moment decision to move forward, but the payment and everything was taken care of in a matter of 24 hours!
Were any deadlines missed or was it done early?
Wow! So- I initially asked if they would be able to finish Avy before TFF (March 10), and was told my completion date was February of 2016. The deadline kept approaching as the month of March began. On March 9th, I was informed that the suit was completed and would be shipped overnight to me. On March 10th, a couple hours before leaving for the TFF hotel, the suit arrived
Getting a fursuit turned from a distant improbability into a complete reality in a matter of hours when I submitted that quote form. I couldn’t be happier that I moved forward with the commission! Only a couple hiccups in the final product made this a non-perfect commission (but it’s pretty darn close to one)! I’d highly recommend More Fur Less to anyone looking to commission a suit!
– Attention to detail (commission-related, not design-related detail)
-Wearability of leg sleeves
Highly recommended! 😀