FURSUITREVIEW FUNDRAISER ~ HELP SUPPORT FSR!
FursuitReview (FSR) is currently running a fundraiser until the end of September to help pay for the rebuild of the site! The goal is 350 USD. You can donate through our Ko-Fi page, directly to the paypal email bornesfur at gmail dot com, or by buying things from the Amazon Affiliate links at store.fursuitreview.com ! Thank you for your consideration!
FursuitReview began in August 2015 on FurAffinity. A website quickly followed, but wasn’t noteworthy until its first redesign in 2016. Since then, the admin, (Bornes on FurAffinity) has learned a lot and would like to redesign the site again.Your donations will pay for:
– The last 2 years of hosting
– The current year of hosting and the next 5 years of the domain name
– Payments made to developers for various things over the last 2 years (most notably the review form and advanced search)
– Purchases for the redesign:
– – Paid version of the current layout
– – Paid version / upgrade of one of the key plugins the site uses (Content Views)
$350 pays for only these things, and does not account for my personal time. If the goal is surpassed, it will be considered to pay for this.
The site redesign will still happen, but it will be much slower in happening and the new layout will pull forward focus on donations and advertisements. Donations will not be refunded; any amount helps, even if the goal is not reached.
Currently, there are 2 out-of-the-way donation buttons on the site and one out-of-the-way page dedicated to Amazon Affiliate links. If the fundraiser fails, Google Adwords will likely be incorporated into the new layout as well as more focus on Amazon affiliate links surrounding reviews.I can’t/don’t want to donate. How can I help?
You can click on our Amazon Affiliate links at store.fursuitreview.com and buy those items, or any other item on amazon within ~20 minutes of clicking one of our links.
You can also tell all your friends about our fundraiser on all your social platforms to get as many eyes to view this as possible!
The reviews are basically transferred to a whole new site that is built again from a base WordPress installation. I do this because I want to integrate the following things, which really is much easier (but still ridiculously time-consuming) by just starting over:
– Incorporate tags which will allow you to sort things such as:
– – What country the maker is in / what currency they use, species of fursuit/part, deadlines met: yes/no, reviewer has prior exp with fursuits: yes/no, payments in installments: yes/no, etc. (suggestions welcome)
– WAY BETTER SORTING. No more individual pages, it will all sort in the page while you’re looking at it via filters. This is the main reason for the redesign. I cannot make an FSR-specific example, but here is a demo. The entire site’s layout will be redone to work with this new functionality.
– Review viewing restructured so you don’t have to click through all those tabs. (Also the removal of “Maker Response” tab if there is not actually an official maker response)
– FAQ and all informative articles/posts rewritten or deleted
– Category pages will be merged with maker pages instead of the confusing thing we have going on right now (current confusion ex: maker page vs. Category page)
– The advanced search will be either deleted entirely or hidden. It will be replaced with a query search (similar to how google works) so it is less confusing.
– Pretty links enabled (no more ?p=## links)
– General site optimization and improvements (mainly for speed and ease of readability)
Additionally, these are planned features but are not guaranteed to occur:
– Subdomains for every single maker, e.g. makername.fursuitreview.com. Currently this is only done on request and only one maker has requested it. I would like for it to be automatic for every maker as they are added to the database. Due to number of subdomains required, it may not be possible with my host provider at the pricepoint needed.
– Restructuring of how things are categorized. I would like to shift to “This costume contains: [parts]” instead of the generalized “fullsuit, partial, other stuff” thing I have going on now.
– Writing more knowledgebase content (such as how to buy a fursuit, fursuiting 101, etc.)
– Actual forms for contact issues instead of forcing mailto links.
– Review form rewrite/recode
– Better news distribution system and actually using that distribution system, instead of relying on FA Journals
– Better comment system on website (suggestions welcome)“Since you’re redesigning the site, I have some suggestions…”
Suggest below in the comments! OR use this to submit your suggestions/complaints: goo.gl/forms/IeclcQ3VoUj7gGoJ3 (no email required)Otherwise, if you’d like to ask something in private, the quickest way is to email email@example.com , but you can also note Bornes on FurAffinity (the admin). Direct messages to the FursuitReview twitter are answered by either myself or a helper that wishes to remain anonymous, but if you would like to reach me (Bornes) specifically, you can direct message my personal twitter, CityFursuits.
But again I stress that emailing will give you the quickest response. I am also the only one who looks at the email. Thank you for all your support (monetary or otherwise) and happy reviewing! <3
PS: FursuitReview will continue operating as normal and you can continue submitting reviews!
DO NOT LEAVE COMMENTS ASKING TO BUY THINGS!
This site does not sell any costumes!